The National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) promotes a high standard of professionalism, business ethics and inspection procedures. NACHI members subscribe to the following Code of Ethics in the course of their business.
Duty to the Public
- The InterNACHI member shall abide by the Code of Ethics and substantially follow the InterNACHI Standards of Practice.
- The InterNACHI member shall not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public or bring discredit to the home inspection industry
- The InterNACHI member shall be fair, honest, impartial, and act in good faith in dealing with the public.
- The InterNACHI member shall not discriminate in any business activities on the basis of race, color, relighion, sex, national origin, familial status, seual orientation, or handicap and shall comply with all federal, state and local laws concerning discriminiation.
- The InterNACHI member shall be truthful regarding his/her sevices & qualifications.
- The InterNACHI member shall have no undislosed conflict of interest with the slient, nor shall the InterNACHI member accept or offer any undisclosed commissions, rebates, profits or other benefis, nor shall the InterNACHI member accept or offer any disclosed or undisclosed commissions, rebates, profits or toerh benefit from real estate agents, brokers or any third parties having financial interest in the sale of the property nort shall the InterNACHI member offer or provide any disclosed or undislosed financial compensation directly or indirectly to any real estate agent, real estate broker or real estate company for referrals or for inclusion on lists of preferred and/or affiliated inspectors or inspections companies
- The InterNACHI member shall not communicate any information about tn inspection to anyone except the client without the prior written consent of the client, except where it may affect the safety of others or violates a law or statute.
- The InterNACHI member shall always act in the interest of the client, unless doing so violates a law, statute or the Code of Ethics.
- The InterNACHI member shall use a written contract that specifies the services to be performed, limitations of the services and fees.
- The InterNACHI member shall comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where he/she conducts business.
- The InterNACHI member shall not perform or offer to perform, for an addtional fee, any reparis or associated services to structure on which the member or member's company has prepared a home inspection report, for a period of 12 months. This provision shall not include services to components and/or systems which are not included in the InterNACHI standards of practice.
Duty to Continue Education
- The InterNACHI member shall comply with InterNACHI's current Continuing Education Requirements.
- The InterNACHI member shall pass the InterNACHI's online Inspector Exam once every calendar year.
Duty to the Profession and InterNACHI
- The InterNACHI member shall strive to immprove the Home Inspection Industry by sharing his/her lessons and/or experiences for the benefit of all. This does not preclude the memeber from copyrighting or marketing his/her expertise to other Inspectors or the public in any manner permitted by law.
- The InterNACHI member shall assist teh InterNACHI leadership in disseminating and publicizing the benefits of InterNACHI membership
- The InterNACHI member shall not engage in any act or practice that could be deemed damaging,seditious or destructive to InterNACHI, fellow InterNACHI members, InterNACHI employees, leadership or directors. Member(s) accused of acting or deemed in violation of such rules shall be reviewed by the Ethics committee for possible sanctions and /or expulsion from InterNACHI.
- The InterNACHI member shall abide by InterNACHI's current membership requirements.
- The InterNACHI member shall abide by InterNACHi's current message board rules